We are not really the “owners.” Instead, we are in partnership with God in this adventure called OUR KIND KITCHEN.
Our enthusiasm for baking started in 1996 when we had a small family retail bakery in the heart of the San Juan Mountains. That’s where we learned “baking from scratch.” We stayed in Colorado for nine years before closing our bakery and moving back to Illinois.
Due to our own health issues, we were forced to look for healthier foods that used organic ingredients, non- GMO products, and did not have gluten, dairy or soy ingredients–but still tasted great. Our quest kept coming up short, so we got to work creating healthier foods from our everyday recipes. That’s how OUR KIND KITCHEN was born.
OUR KIND KITCHEN began in 2017 by making holiday pies that used mostly organic ingredients, non-GMO ingredients, and were free of gluten, soy and dairy. Their overwhelming success encouraged us to expand our menu!
Today, our products include bakery items such as cookies, cinnamon rolls, sticky buns and scones. Our savory items include chicken pot pies, veggie pot pies, pizzas, breakfast burritos, jalapeno pull-apart bread, and tortillas. Every week we are developing more bakery and meal items. If we can’t find a high-quality ingredient we create it! (That’s how we got the white chocolate for our cranberry oatmeal white chocolate cookies.) All our items are hand-crafted from scratch.
Besides creating great food, our other passion is missions. We believe all of us can make a difference in the effort to eliminate global poverty. In 2014, we started FAST MINISTRIES–a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. A portion of the profits from OUR KIND KITCHEN goes to FAST MINISTRIES to help alleviate poverty and support missionaries globally. One way we are doing this is by building bakeries in impoverished countries to help develop village economies by allowing local bakers to pay it forward (and not have to pay it back).
Why People are Changing to Gluten, Dairy, & Soy Free Diets
- Has shown to ease digestion
- Provides Extra Energy- People have reported feeling tired or sluggish after eating foods with gluten. A gluten free diet can provide extra energy and prevent brain fog
- Studies have shown that a gluten free diet alone or in conjunction with conventional treatment methods can help reduce the symptoms of autism in children.
- Eases inflammation
- Promotes fat loss
- Less Bloating
- Better for Respiratory Health
- Improves Digestion
- Clearer Skin
- Decreases Risk of Cancer
- 95% Soy is GMO
- Most soy today contains phytoestrogens which increases estrogen. An increase in estrogen in women increases risk of breast cancer and cervical cancer.